My Newest Creation: Summer Stir-Fry Stew
Italian Sausage Stir-fry stew. Try to say that three times fast! This is probably one of the most creative stews I’ve tried so far. It’s a fantastic way to get your vegetables in and still have a hearty meal. This flavorful recipe will be gone before you know it, and it’s very easy to make!
Stew Cook Time/Servings
Cook Time: About 30 minutes
Makes about 2-4 servings.
- 2 Mild Italian Sausages
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- A 10-inch Skillet
What You Do
- Fill skillet about 3/4 full of water.
- Place sausages in the skillet and cook on medium heat until they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Carefully remove sausages and set aside until they are room temperature. Drain water from skillet and dry.
- Cut sausages into small pieces and set aside.
- Cover bottom of skillet with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Add bell peppers, grape tomatoes, onion, garlic and spices. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage pieces and 1 can diced tomatoes. Stir.
- Cook about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
* Try substituting different spices and veggies for other flavors.
* For a spicier stew, try using Spicy Italian Sausage instead.
What did you think of this recipe? Please leave a comment below! :}